Health Program Coordinator
2 to 4 Years Experience
Silay City, Negros Occidental
CAMELEON ASSOCIATION INC.
Is currently looking for:
HEALTH PROGRAM COORDINATOR
- Responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing and monitoring Cameleon's health program aimed at empowering its direct beneficiaries, their families and partner communities to take responsibility for their health and well-being.
- Provides nursing service to Cameleon’s beneficiaries.
- Identifies health concerns and needs of Cameleon’s beneficiaries, their families and partner communities.
- Establish baseline information, monitor and document changes over time.
- Promotes good health and disease prevention through medical-related and/or non medical intervention schemes. Organizes vaccinations and related campaigns.
- Safekeeps, stores, maintains inventory and records issuance of medicines and supplies.
- Organize para-medical teams, train and/or provide parents, health care workers, and staff on basic health knowledge and practices, preventive programs, nutrition, among others.
- Facilitates health education sessions and mentors peer facilitators in conducting peer education educations e.g. adolescent reproductive health
- Network and/or collaborate with the health workers and volunteers from partner LGUs of Passi City, San Enrique and Bingawan as well as in Iloilo City, Iloilo province and Department of Health regional office 6.
- Oversight for health program budget and prepares periodic reports required by CAI and its donors (e.g. monthly, semi-annual and annual reports).
- Prepares monthly work plans and annual plan for health program
- Keeps abreast with the innovations in the field of health and development and consequent adaptation to Cameleon’s health program.
- Leads the development of health program proposals or concept papers.
- Performs other functions that will be required by the supervisor.
Reports to: the Program Officer
Coordinates with: the Residential Care team, the After Care team, the Sports Coordinator, the Community Development team, the Admin-HR team, the Finance team, LRC Coordinator, Partnership and Communication Officer, Advocacy Officer, the Municipal/City Health Office of partner LGUs and community health volunteers
Person Specification and Competencies:
Education and/or Experience
- A registered nurse with two years experience in community health nursing
- Direct experience in conducting health education, peer to peer education (adolescent reproductive health) and in working with health professionals and volunteers from the Local Government Units and the Department of Health, an advantage
Ability and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently and under minimum supervision
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Must be compassionate with children
- Upholds honesty, integrity and sense of confidentiality
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Good grasp of concept paper and/or proposal development
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team
- Possesses positive leadership skills
- Must be willing to work beyond regular working hours and working days